Pressure measurement in the offshore area
Subsea gauge as control instrument to a depth of 3,000 m (10,000 ft) (AppBe_SB_025)for manufacturers and operators of remote-controlled, camera-monitored and hydraulic tools or devices for the operation of subsea pipelines or drilling equipment in the offshore area
As example serves the oil catastrophe in the Gulf of Mexico. It caused great damage in the waters, the flora and fauna. In order to avoid such natural catastrophes in the future, it is worked on the improvement of oil collection systems in case of a potential subsea oil spill. In consequence, pressure gauges also have to meet highest demands.
The problem:There are difficult geohydraulic conditions at drilling and production of oil and gas. The rock layers are under a high pressure caused through fluids in rock pores. Due to oil, gas and water critical conditions can develop, especially during deepwater drillings.
Blowout preventers (BOPs) are installed directly above the well to make the drilling safer. BOP refers to a series of shut-off valves. These are controlled and activated by pressure gauges. In case of an oil or gas blowout, the BOP seals the well and prevents the oil from spilling into the ocean. BOPs are very big and difficult to install. Difficulties increase in deep waters, also regarding the functionality of the instruments.
Besides the BOPs, there are also other fields of application in the oil and gas production, in which pressure gauges are used under water:
- Production trees − serve as well closure after a successful drilling for oil or gas
- Remotely Operated Vehicle (ROV)
- Subsea pumping facilities
Our solution:As the drillings take place in ever greater depths, the functionality of the instruments must be established. Our pressure gauge, especially for subsea application, withstands these difficult conditions to a water depth of 3,000 m (10,000 ft). Moreover, salt water should not corrode the instruments, which is why we use appropriate materials to ensure the continuous operation of the instruments in this environment. Under such harsh process conditions, our instrument works accurately and reliably.
The displayed values are transmitted by cameras and still have to be easily readable. Due to our special pointer and scale design, the values can be read precisely, even in great water depths.
Our advantages at a glance:
- Applicable to a water depth of 3,000 m (10,000 ft)
- Case filling for robust process conditions because of primary hydraulic applications
- Black dial, white scale and pointer for exact reading of the indicated values
Our instrument in detail:To a water depth of 3,000 m (10,000 ft):
Bourdon tube pressure gauge: RChG 100 – 3 rFr
- Accuracy class 1.0 (EN 837-1)
- Bayonet ring case stainless steel 304 SS
- Case filling glycerin
- Nominal case size 100 mm (4")
- Wetted parts stainless steel 316 L
- Case configuration lower back connection (r)
- Front mounting device (Fr)
- Pressure range e.g.
- 0 – 160 bar to 0 – 2,500 bar
- 0 – 2000 psi to 0 – 35,000 psi
- Process connection ¼" NPT
- Window acrylic glass
- Dial aluminum black, scale and pointer white
- case stainless steel 316 L
- other case configurations
- other process connections, e.g. high pressure connection male and female thread e.g. for ¼" tube with 60° cone
Differential pressure measurement in submarines
Pressure monitoring – duplex pressure gauge with differential pressure indicator (AppBe_SB_027)for submarine yards, operators of differential pressure measuring instruments
In the standard version, differential pressure gauges are equipped with an additional dial on the lower pointer, with which the differential pressure between both connections can be read.
The problem:For differential pressures, in some cases it shall be obvious at the first glance if the pressure is within a certain measuring range. Furthermore, the pressure gauge must be readable even in the dark (without lighting).
Our solution:Duplex pressure gauges with two special indicator dials, black case and luminescent scale. A red field appears at a certain pressure range, as requested by the customer. Additionally, the white scale is coated with a luminescent colour, which ensures the visibility in the dark.
Well monitored with:
Differential pressure gauge DiRCh 100 – 1 Rh
- Mounting device according to your requirements
- Case colour fitting to the ambiance
- Dial design fitted to the requirements on site
- Also available in stainless steel